Monday, February 13, 2012

爆発!

*cough*

It sure is dusty here…

Having an “explosive” luck this few days, literally. Things tend to go boom after I touch them.

First a 0.1 uF Tantalum 16V capacitor (yesterday) exploded on my face after plugging into my Pikachu, then a 3300 uF electrolytic capacitor (today) went off with a loud bang within 3 minutes after plugging into the yellow rodent.

While walking from the car park towards my office, I picked up a Sony Walkman that looked like it had gone through some serious torture – with the enclosure totally cracked open.

The LiPo (Lithium Polymer) battery seems to be dry, so I decided to charge it with my laptop USB.

The impressive OLED (Organic Light Emitting Diode) display lighted up flawlessly after plugging in, and the device seems to mount properly in my laptop, enabling me to access the contents inside.

Unknown to me, the LiPo battery was expanding rapidly, budging out like a balloon, waiting for the moment to… wait for it... explode. (yes, just like Chinese exploding batteries, AS SEEN ON TV)

Fortunately I unplugged it before it could scare the hell out of my colleagues. Smile with tongue out

No comments:

Post a Comment