Wednesday, September 7, 2011

新しい物語

Hello blog, it’s been a while. *blows away dust*

I’ve been busy lately, busy completing the things-to-do-before-I-start-working list, before I started working. Unfortunately I left out two of them – to go to Sunway Lagoon at least once in my life, and to go vacation on an island not surrounded by the Straits of Melaka.

Yes, I started working (finally). Currently worked as a software engineer in one of the companies owned by Dibena Group. From what looks like a random assignment, I got into a company known as Smart Consult Solutions Sdn Bhd.

Though the HQ is situated in Damansara Heights (Dibena HQ) – that place is so densely populated I can’t even find a car park at 8:30AM. In the end I gave up the second day and relocated my workplace to the Cyberjaya office (which the rest of our R&D team is situated).

As for what I worked on – I can only say it’s related to the smart card operating system (the technology behind MyKad and credit/ATM cards with chips not made out of potatoes).

It’s pretty cool actually, think of it as a miniature computer, equipped with memory to store your data, a general purpose CPU to do some calculations and dedicated hardware crypto processor to secure your data.

As for the current R&D members of the same team that I know of, 3 female colleagues from Panasonic lead by a guy who has worked on PCI Express using Verilog before (hardcore shit). Another 2 ladies from Panasonic will be joining us within this few days.

Yes, FEMALE CODERS. And yes, I am asking the same thing: where were they hiding all along?

No comments:

Post a Comment